Friday, June 25, 2010

It's Take Your Dog To Work Day!

A few days ago, I wrote a piece on AnnArbor.com with regard to Take Your Dog To Work Day celebrated on June 25 that's been celebrated over the past few years. It is an opportunity to focus on the relationship between animals and humans and additionally, pet adoption.

In preparation for the article, I created a poll, and posed a few questions to clients and friends and they had some interesting things to say about the idea of having dogs in the workplace.

One person working in an office setting indicated,
It would be great for person who gets to bring in their pet and would enhance the environment/well-being of the office at large. having a dog approach me for a scratch behind the ears would be a wonderful way to take a break from the office routine. However, the big downside is that many people are allergic to pets, and if there is even one co-worker who is, the office really needs to respect that and not permit animals in hte office area. Some people are afraid of animals, and that could present some problems as well.


Another, who is a therapist:
These days, I rarely bring in my dog in my sessions, but years ago, I often brought my old dog to work with me, until he was banned by the administrator - and the dog was very helpful!


Will you be lucky enough to be able to have your pet with you at work today? Take the poll:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!